Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) Ban Lifted in India and it is now available on the Google Play Store for Android smartphones, but gamers will not be able to play it yet due to server issues.
The popular mobile game Battlegrounds Mobile India, also known as BGMI, has made its return to the Google Play store for Android smartphones after nearly 10 months of being banned in the country. Although the game’s page is visible on the Play Store, players are currently unable to access and play the game.
To access the game’s page, users can either search for it via Google or visit BGMI’s official website and click on the Play button, which will direct them to the download page. The game can be downloaded free of charge from there.
KRAFTON, the company behind BGMI, has acknowledged that there is a technical issue preventing players from downloading the game, particularly for those who participated in the closed test track or even some users who didn’t opt for it. They are actively working on resolving this issue.
In the meantime, gamers can still access the game’s website and download the APK file. However, they will not be able to play the game until the servers are back online.
BGMI was banned in India in July 2022 due to security concerns. However, the ban was lifted last week after Krafton made changes to the game to address the government’s concerns.
The game’s CEO, Sean Hyunil Sohn, expressed gratitude to the Indian authorities for lifting the ban. He also thanked the Indian gaming community for their support and patience.
Sohn said that KRAFTON is committed to the Indian gaming ecosystem and that they will continue to invest in the industry and collaborate with local developers. He also said that they are excited to welcome players back to BGMI and that they are committed to providing a safe and enjoyable gaming experience for all.
The lifting of the ban on BGMI is a positive development for the Indian gaming community. The game is one of the most popular mobile games in the world and its return to India is sure to be welcomed by gamers.
Here are some additional details about the ban and its lifting:
- The ban on BGMI was part of a larger crackdown on Chinese apps by the Indian government.
- The government alleged that BGMI was a threat to national security because it was developed by a Chinese company.
- Krafton, the game’s developer, is a South Korean company.
- Krafton made changes to the game to address the government’s concerns, such as removing all references to China.
- The ban on BGMI was lifted after Krafton submitted a compliance report to the government.
- The lifting of the ban is a positive development for the Indian gaming community.