Jio to Airtel Port: In India, the process for porting your mobile phone number from one service provider to another is governed by the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) service.
Port Jio to Airtel Guide 2023
To port your mobile number from Jio to Airtel, you can follow these steps:
- Start by sending a text message with the word “PORT” followed by your Jio mobile number to 1900. For example, if your Jio mobile number is 1234567890, you would send the text message “PORT 1234567890” to 1900.
- You will receive a unique porting code (UPC) via text message, which you will need to use to initiate the porting process.
- Visit the nearest Airtel retail store or authorized franchise with a copy of your proof of identity (such as a passport or voter ID) and proof of address (such as a utility bill or bank statement).
- Fill out a customer acquisition form and provide the UPC you received via text message.
- The Airtel representative will verify your documents and initiate the porting process.
- Once the porting process is complete, your Jio number will be deactivated and your Airtel SIM will be activated with the same number.
It’s important to note that, according to the MNP guidelines, you must wait for at least 90 days after activating your Jio SIM before you can request to port to another service provider. In addition, you should check with both Jio and Airtel to see if there are any special offers or promotions available for customers who are porting their numbers.
Port Jio to Airtel – Free Sim Delivery at Doorstep
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) allows you to switch from Jio to Airtel without having to change your existing sim card number. When the number is ready to be ported, the new sim will be sent to your home and you will be notified of the porting status. After that, the existing service provider will be deactivated, and Airtel will be enabled after midnight. This postpaid activation is also available to Airtel prepaid customers. While the porting procedure is underway, the balance will be transferred over to the new postpaid connection.
Jio postpaid users may easily port their numbers to Airtel prepaid online. Airtel prepaid sim cards will be delivered to your home for free. The same procedure will be used for this activation.
Fees for porting from Jio to Airtel
Switching to Airtel Postpaid is absolutely FREE, which means there are no activation fees, no home delivery charges and no security deposit.
How long would it take to port Jio to Airtel?
Your request will be logged into our system once you provide the unique port-in code (UPC) and valid address and identity verification with our executive. It now only takes 48 hours (for transfers within the same state) or 4 days (for inter-state transfers) to move your number from your existing operator to Airtel.
*Please keep in mind that for Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states, port-in will take 15 days due to regulatory norms.
What documents are required to port Jio to Airtel?
To switch your number to Airtel, all you need is a unique porting code (UPC) and valid ID/address proof (Driving License, Passport, Voter ID Card, Aadhaar Card…).