Netflix is an online streaming platform that offers a wide range of TV shows, movies, anime, and more. Viewers can watch the content in different languages with the help of subtitles and closed captions. Recently, Netflix has introduced a feature that allows users to personalize the appearance of subtitles and closed captions.
Options to Customize
Users can choose from six different fonts, three text sizes, four different shadows, and eight different background colors for subtitles and closed captions.
How to Customize Netflix Subtitles and Closed Captions on the Web
Here are the steps to customize subtitles and closed captions on Netflix:
- Log in to your Netflix account on a computer or smartphone using any browser.
- Click on the profile image icon located on the right side of the screen.
- Select the “Accounts” tab.
- Choose a profile from the “Profile & Parental Controls” menu.
- Click on the “Change” button next to “Subtitle appearance” option.
- Make the desired changes to the font, text size, shadow, backdrop, and window.
- Click on the “Save” button to save the changes.
- Launch the Netflix app on any device and start watching with your personalized subtitles.
- If you’re watching on a TV, go to “Settings” > “Get Help” > “Reload” to check if the updated subtitles have been displayed.
Note: Customized subtitles are not available in countries where the primary language is Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Romanian, Thai, or Traditional Chinese.