SBI Debit Card is a standard debit card that can be used domestically in India only. As per the RBI guidelines, banks provide Debit Cards only for domestic usage unless international use is specifically requests by the customer. You can enable International Transaction service on your SBI Debit Card using the SBI YONO app, which is a service provided by SBI.
Check here the step-by-step guide to activate international transactions on SBI debit cards using SBI YONO app.
How enable international transaction on SBI debit card through YONO app
- On your phone, download the SBI YONO app.
- Use your 6-digit PIN to log into the app.
- then press the menu icon located in the upper left corner.
- Tap on the Service Request option from the menu and select service request.
- Now, tap on ATM/Debit Card option and select debit card.
- Enter your SBI profile password and click on Submit button.
- Then select Manage Card from the menu.
- Select the account number from the drop-down list, then the card number, and then click the “Manage Usage” button.
- Tap a toggle button to enable international usage now. To submit the request, click the Next button.
- On the new screen, enter the OTP that was sent to your registered mobile number , then click the Submit button.
Now, your request to enable international transactions on SBI debit cards is processed successfully.